Acquired Live Show in Seattle with Dan Lewis, Convoy >>
Season 1, Episode 5
December 14, 2015
January 19, 2019
In the last episode of 2015, Ben and David discuss Apple's acquisition of Siri. Notable topics include:
- The founding of Siri by Dag Kittlau, Adam Cheyer, and Chris Brigham.
- Scott Forstall on the Apple side, and the end of his time at the company.
- The other Apple acquisitions around Siri, including Topsy, Novauris Technologies, OttoCat.
- Cue, Spotsetter, VocalIQ, and Perceptio.
- The team Apple built around Siri post-acquisition, including Alex Acero from Microsoft Research.
- Speculation on the future of voice and its role in everyday computing.
Transcript: (disclaimer: may contain unintentionally confusing, inaccurate and/or amusing transcription errors)
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form